Steps To A Successful Defense From Probation Violation Charges
When you were first given probation as an alternative to jail or other severe punishments after a criminal conviction, you may have considered that to be very good news. Indeed, probation can be a positive outcome of a criminal case, all things considered.
Once you are on probation, you are then responsible for honoring the conditions attached to it. If you now face charges for an alleged probation violation after a previous conviction, your legal status is urgent. If you need a skilled defense attorney on your side as soon as possible, a lawyer at Hayes Law Office can provide the representation you are looking for.
Why Have You Been Accused Of Violating The Terms Of Your Probation?
Did a probation officer accuse you of violating one or more conditions that were part of your probation agreement? Perhaps they said that you did not fulfill your obligations, such as to:
- Work, study, or get technical training
- Undergo medical or psychiatric treatment
- Attend or reside in an appointed facility
- Participate in a treatment program, educational class or rehabilitative service
- Support one’s dependents and otherwise meet family obligations
- Make restitution or reparation to a victim or victims of a crime
- Create a repayment plan and make payments for funds wrongly taken from a government agency
- Pay one or more fines
- Refrain from possessing a firearm
- Report to a probation officer
- Permit probation officer to visit the person at reasonable times
- Remain within the jurisdiction of the court unless given permission to be elsewhere
- Answer inquiries of the court; report changes of address
- Perform community service
- Undergo home detention
- Undergo HIV tests
- Refrain from contact with someone
- Repay government expenses incurred after taking a missing child
- If incarcerated or detained, reimburse costs
- Refrain from owning or harboring an animal
- Participate in a reentry court program
- Receive counseling regarding addiction, mental health or anger management
- Receive detoxification and/or medication-assisted treatment for opioid or alcohol addiction
- If required, serve one or more periods of incarceration during the probation period
- Provide a DNA sample
Your probation terms were no doubt unique and you will need a personalized defense strategy.
Schedule A Consultation To Learn How Defense Attorneys Can Help
The attorneys of Hayes Law Office provide thorough, aggressive representation for clients facing allegations of probation violations. The team’s extensive courtroom defense experience will be especially helpful if additional criminal charges are also involved.